…spend at one of West Lancashire’s wonderful Independent Retailers
Here at Discover Ormskirk we love our Independent Retailers! With so many wonderful small shops and boutiques in West Lancashire we really are spoilt for choice.
As a celebration of Small Business Saturday coming up on December 1st our new competition on our Facebook page between 1st November 2018 – 1st December 2018 will focus on Independent Retailers.
You could win £100 to spend at a fabulous Independent West Lancs retailer of your choice!
- Heard good things about somewhere and fancy a shopping trip of your own?
- Or do you want to share your West Lancashire shopping ‘gem’ with others, and win a chance of £100 towards another visit?
Go onto facebook.com/DiscoverOrmskirk. Find our competition post and tell us which West Lancashire retailer you’d like to shop at and, most importantly, why you’re keen to buy something from that particular store.
Full terms and conditions can be found below:
1. The Promoter of this prize draw is Discover Ormskirk. DiscoverOrmskirk.com and its associate Facebook page is owned and managed by West Lancashire Borough Council’s Economic Regeneration team from 52 Derby Street, Ormskirk, L39 2DF (the “Promoter”).
2. The Promoter is offering a single prize (“the prize”) of £100 to spend at an independent retailer situated within West Lancashire. Only one winner will be chosen.
This venue must be within West Lancashire Borough Council’s administrative area.
3. To enter this competition, entrants must:
(a) comment on Discover Ormskirk’s Facebook page as to which West Lancashire independent retailer/shop they would like to visit; and
(b) also comment why they wish to visit the particular business mentioned;
(c) not be employed by, or be an immediate family member, of the shop being promoted in their comment.
4. Entrants must be UK residents, aged 18 years or over. This promotion is not open to the Discover Ormskirk team, their immediate family, or anyone else connected with this competition.
5. Each comment will be taken to be one (1) entry in the competition and there is no limit on the number of times each Entrant may enter the competition, each entry must be done by a separate comment. The Promoter reserves the right to delete any entries it deems as inappropriate, offensive or negative.
6. No purchase is necessary to enter this promotion, however internet access is required.
7. The promotion is open to entries from 00.01 on 1st November 2018 until 23.59 on 1st December 2018 (the “promotional period”).
8. 1 winner will be drawn from all qualifying entries. They will win £100 in vouchers or by other means, as organised with the winners chosen store. The prize includes any cost of delivery to the Winner(s) stated address. The prize is non-transferable and non-exchangeable and there is no cash alternative. The winner has until 1st December 2019 to use the prize.
9. The Promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize. In the event of unforeseen circumstances or circumstances outside its reasonable control, the Promoter reserves the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this promotion without prior notice.
10. The winner will be selected by the Promoter from a shortlist of Entrants who met the competition criteria in full and provided an inspiring explanation of why they wanted to visit the selected attraction.
A winner will then be drawn at random from this shortlist. The draw will take place no later than 5 working days following the end of the promotional period.
11. The winner will be notified within 5 working days of the draw via the means in which they entered, in this case via Facebook.
They will be asked to provide their UK postal address to the Promoter in a private (Facebook) message. If a winner fails to respond and/or to give a valid UK address within 14 days of this notification, or declines their prize, a redraw will take place from the remaining valid entries to select a new winner.
12. The prize will be sent via registered post to the address supplied within 10 working days following provision of the winner’s address in accordance with paragraph 11.
13. The name and town of residence of the winner will be announced publically including, but not limited to, Discover Ormskirk’s social media channels and website. All Entrant’s irrevocably agree that the Promoter will own the rights to use their comment as they see fit. Their name, entry and photograph may be used for promotional purposes, worldwide and without limit of time. You understand that you won’t have any right to preview or pre-approve the content (and, that you won’t be entitled to any kind of payment) in the event that it is used.
14. Any additional costs associated with redeeming the Prize i.e. travel or accommodation are not included in the Prize and the Winner must pay any such costs.
15. The Promoter reserves the right to exclude any entries the Promoter in its sole discretion considers to be inappropriate, unrelated or offensive and to disqualify any entries if the Promoter, at its sole discretion, believes that there has been an attempt to manipulate or tamper with the operation of the promotion.
16. Except for the purpose of carrying out the promotion, as described in paragraph 13, the Promoter will not use entrants’ personal data without the express consent of the entrant.
17. You agree to be bound by the decisions of the Promoter, which are final in all matters relating to the promotion. No correspondence will be entered into in respect of the Promoter’s decisions.
18. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
19. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed exclusively in accordance with the laws of England and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England, including the seeking of all injunctive or ancillary relief actions.